Annapurna Sunrise Trek, also known as Poon Hill trek, is a short and easy hike through villages and rhododendron forests. This classic trek offers some of the best of culture and tradition of Annapurna region and the Himalayan mountain range especially from the Poon Hill, the viewpoint of the area. The sunrise view that we will witness from Poon hill and reflection of the glorious yellow light over Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Himalayas is the best part you will enjoy most, leaving you spellbound. The rice terraces and different ethnic groups of people and wildlife add more beauty to this trek.
The trek begins with the sightseeing tour of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu Valley. After sightseeing, we fly to Pokhara, and real walking begins from Ulleri. We trek to Ghorepani and next day morning visit to Poon Hill to savor the sunrise view. Then we continue our trek down to Tadapani and Ghandruk villages on our way back to Pokhara. After spending one night at Ghandruk village we walk further to Naya Pul and then drive to Pokhara which marks the end of this wonderful trek. Having trekked through the dense mossy Rhododendron forests that bloom with red flowers during the springtime, descending downhill to Birethanti, and passing by waterfalls will be a thrilling experience.
This 5-day trek is very much ideal for those hikers who want a less demanding but short and beautiful trek, especially with their family and kids in the rural mountainside with up-close Himalayan views. Moreover, in this specially designed Annapurna Sunrise Trek, one can explore the different experience of culture and heritages, distinct Nepalese lifestyle, along with views of Himalaya and rewarding nature to make it a bit adventurous and exciting.
- International and domestic airport transfers
- 2 Nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and 2 night in Pokhara
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu
- All necessary trekking permit national park & trekking information management system (TIMS card)
- Transportation cost for our trekking crew
- Domestic flight (Pokhara-Kathmandu)
- Meals: Breakfast, lunchand dinner with hot drinks and tea/coffee
- An English speaking trekking guide & necessary porters
- Pioneer Adventure’s trekking duffel bag
- First aid medical kit
- Farewell dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant in Kathmandu
- Nepal Visa fee USD $...
- International airfare
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/monument visit as per the itinerary
- Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except farewell dinner)
- Travel Insurance and High Altitude Insurance (Accident, Medical and Rescue)
- Personal expenses: phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, water, hot shower and tips