Island Peak Climbing with Everest Base Camp Trek is one of the best combination of trekking and climbing adventure in Nepal. The trek involves “the classic tour” of the famous Khumbu valley. You will explore different places, experience the Sherpa culture, tradition and hospitality of the Everest region. The main attraction of the trek is that you will step foot Everest Base Camp and excursion to Kala Patthar to enjoy the best view of Mount Everest along with other towering peaks like Pumori, Nuptse, and Ama Dablam. Besides, you will also get an opportunity to explore various species of flora and fauna of the Sagarmatha National Park en route.
Island Peak, also known as Imja Tse in Nepali, is one of the famous trekking peaks in Nepal. The peak looks beautiful and attractive with a highly snow-clad west face ridge soaring from the Lhotse Glacier. Island Peak was named in 1952 due to its spectacular location in the middle of the Chhukung valley.
The peak itself is the extension of the South Ridge of Lhotse Shar separated by a small col. The ridge raising to the south from this point leads to the summit of Island Peak. The stretch of this ridge descending towards southwest is the part of the normal route of ascent that leads to the south summit. Island Peak not only offers an enjoyable ascent but also provides some of the most spectacular scenery of the Himalayas in the Khumbu region. Seen from the summit of Island Peak the giant mountains like Mt. Nuptse (7,879m), Mt. Lhotse (8,501m), Mt. Lhotse Middle Peak (8,410m) and Mt. Lhotse Shar (8,383m) makes a semi-circle in the north. The views of Mt. Makalu (8,475m) in the east Mt. Baruntse and Mt. Amadablam in the south add more beauty for climbing Island Peak. The best time for climbing Island Peak is spring (mid-March to May) and autumn (mid-September to November).
For Island Peak Climbing trip we will provide you very professional guides who have summitted Island Peak successfully more than fifteen times. In their capable guidance, your Island Peakclimb will surely have a fantastic experience filled with thrills, adventure, and unforgettable joys.
- International and domestic airport Pick-up and drop-off
- 3 Nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Both way air tickets (KTM -Lukla/Luka-KTM) for members and staffs
- Peak royalty, national park, and VDC charge
- Wages, equipment, food, medical insurances for involved staffs
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch, dinner with tea/coffee and hot soup
- All the necessary tents, table & chairs, kitchen utensils, mattresses,EPI Gas, burners, High foods and general climbing equipment (such as rope, ice screw, snow bar etc.)
- Sleeping bag and down jackets (if required) with certain charge
- Garbage disposal fee
- Government taxes & office service charge
- First aid medical kits for the group
- Farewell dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant in Kathmandu
- Nepal Entry Visa fee US$ 50 per person for 30 days
- International Airfare
- Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except farewell dinner)
- Travel Insurance and High Altitude Insurance (Accident, Medical and Heli Rescue)
- Phone calls, Satellite Phones, Internet, Laundry, Bar-bills, battery recharge, water, and hot shower
- Personal trekking and climbing gear
- Tips for Nepalese staffs and porter