Makalu Sherpani Col Pass is an outstanding trek in the eastern region of Nepal which offers an opportunity to explore the off beaten trails of Makalu region combining with rich cultural heritage, unsurpassed natural beauty, and ecological diversity.
Makalu Sherpani Col Pass trek begins with a scenic flight from Kathmandu to Tumlingtar and then 3-4 hours drive to reach Num – the starting point of the trek. The trail takes you from the lowlands of Tumlingtar on the Arun River, through one of the least explored areas in Nepal, to the base camp of Makalu. The trail follows the beautiful Barun river valley through the terraced fields and dense Rhododendron- filled forest. Then, the trail takes us higher and higher elevation towards Makalu Base Camp. After spending a day for exploration and acclimatization at the Makalu Base Camp we continue on our trail towards the crossing of the challenging pass Shepani Col (6,180m.) This mountainous pass is considered the highest and hardest one in the Makalu region. So, previous experience of trekking with the crossing of a high mountain pass in the wilderness area is highly recommended.
From the Makalu Base Camp (5,000m), we enjoy views of the south face of Makalu, as well as Everest and Lhotse which look truly spectacular. The Makalu conservation area is also a home to rare species of various birds and many endangered animals including Snow leopard and Red Pandas. During the trek, we have to cross one of the most challenging passes called Sherpani Col (6,180m). After crossing the pass we follow a rather easy trail from Chukung (5,550m passing Namche Bazaar towards Lukla. This challenging trek with Pioneer Adventure Trek concludes with a scenic flight from Lukla back to Kathmandu.
- International and domestic airport transfers
- 3 Nights hotel accommodation Kathmandu with breakfast on sharing basis
- Welcome dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant in Kathmandu
- Domestic flight Kathmandu to Tumlingter & Lukla to Kathmandu
- All necessary transportation cost for our trekking crew
- Camp Site reservation at every location during the trekking
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner with hot drinks, tea/coffee
- National park fee and TIMS card
- An English speaking Trekking Guide, Assistant Guide, and necessary porters
- Staffs wages: Trekking equipment, daily wages, accommodation, food, insurances etc.
- Pioneer Adventure duffel bag (if required)
- First aid medical kit
- International airfare
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Travel insurance, rescue, repatriation, medicines, medical tests, and hospitalization expenses
- Phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, water, and hot shower
- Items of personal nature, laundry expenses, tips
- Personal trekking gears