Known as ‘The Forbidden Kingdom’, Mustang refers to barren landscapes and far remote region to the north of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri adjoining Nepal border with Tibetan plateau. It is a destination cherished in the imaginations of connoisseur trekkers, who prefer to undertake a journey with a difference into the kind of lands which cannot be encountered anywhere else in the world. One can enjoy the mind-blowing panorama of Mt. Nilgiri, Mt. Annapurna, Mt. Dhaulagiri and several other peaks during the trek.
The local inhabitants living in Upper Mustang still follows exactly the true Tibetan lifestyle for centuries and the mud-made buildings look like pictures from a book of ancient history. Travelers can explore snow-crested mountains and almost treeless barren hills reaching deep inside the vast Tibetan plateau. Strong cold winds sweep through its narrow canyons and over its plain and erosion has left its mark in weird and wonderful rock formations. One can visit the fabulous walled capital of Lo Manthang which is regarded as the home of the Mustang King, beautiful temples, and monasteries. It is really difficult to describe the beauty of the area and experience that a traveler gain on the trip to Upper Mustang.
Pioneer Adventure offers a perfect budget trekking package trip to Upper Mustang for any group size.
- International and domestic airport transfers
- Meal: Breakfast, lunch and dinner with tea/coffee
- 3 Nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with beakfast
- 2 Nights hotel accommodation in Pokhara with breakfast
- Tourist Coach (Kathmandu-Pokhara-Pokhara-Kagbeni-Pokhara-Kathmandu) and domestic flight jomsom-Pokhara (optional KTM-Pokhara)
- An English-speaking Trekking Guide and necessary porters
- Guide & Porter salary, insurance, equipment, domestic transportation, food etc.
- All necessary paperwork, special permit, ACAP, and TIMS
- First aid medical kit
- Farewell dinner at typical Nepali restaurant in Kathmandu
- Nepal entry visa fee
- International airfare
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Travel Insurance and High Altitude Insurance (Accident, Medical and Rescue)
- Personal expenses, beverages, water, hot shower, laundry, battery recharge, tips
- Personal trekking equipments