Round Dhaulagiri Trekking is considered a challenging as well as most rewarding trek around the Dhaulagiri massif that conceals more than 30 peaks over 6,000m Peak lying in the Western Nepal. This isolated region offers amazing natural scenery, evergreen forest blossoming with rhododendron combined with unique cultural heritage. The popular and challenging high mountain passes in this area include French Pass(5,360m) and Dhampus Pass (5,182m).
Topographically, it is a land of dramatic contrast. The trail passes through the high altitude, making over snow and glaciers. Further, it circuits around Mt. Dhaulagiri (8,167m/26,745ft), the seventh highest mountain in the world displaying the beauty and wilderness of the country’s remote area, making it a destination for adventure enthusiasts. Dhaulagiri Circuit is a beautiful trek with the splendor of panoramic views of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges while being off the beaten track.
Dhaulagiri Trekking starts from Beni after a long day drive from Kathmandu & the trail passes through a beautiful village in the beginning and ultimately it reaches a remote area. The trail goes up and down through on snow and glaciers as it crosses French Col (5,350m) traverses the head of the hidden valley and crosses 5,155m Dhampus pass. On the trail, you may also encounter semi-wild yak herds and mountain sheep in the remote valleys.It is very interesting to visit various settlements inhabited by various ethnic groups of people, explore the unique Thakali culture and take a relaxing bath in the natural hot spring at Tatopani on the way back to Pokhara.
The major attraction of Dhaulagiri circuit trekking is incredible views of Mt. Dhaulagiri and other peaks, Ice falls, Glaciers, yak pastures, beautiful forests trail, ever-changing landscape, ethnic culture and lifestyle of the people. Experienced trekkers with basic climbing skills will enjoy around Dhaulagiri trip.
- International and domestic airport transfers
- Domestic flight (Kathmandu-Pokhara & Jomsom-Pokhara)
- Tourist bus or jeep (Pokhara-Sibhang/Pokhar-Kathmandu)
- Two man tent, dining tent, toilet tent, table & chairs, shower tent, kitchen utensils, mattresses
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch, and dinner with hot drinks and tea/coffee
- Camp Site reservation every location during the trek
- English speaking local expert trekking guide
- Cook, kitchen helpers and necessary porters ( each porter carries 25 kg load)
- TIMS (trekking information management system)
- Annapurna conservation area permit fee
- All wages, equipment, food, medical and accident insurances for involved staffs in trekking
- First aid medical kits for the group and staffs
- Government taxes & office service charge
- Farewell dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant in Kathmandu
- Dhaulagiri trekking map
- Nepal entry visa. You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. A multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 50 or equivalent in foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 125. Please bring 2 passport-size photos.
- Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu hotel & Pokhara
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars
- Items of personal nature, laundry expenses, tips
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landline phone, mobiles, walkie-talkies, satellite phones and internet.
- Clothing packing items or bags, personal medical kit
- Personal trekking gear (Down Jacket and Sleeping Bags)
- Personal Travel insurance
- International airfare