Gasherbrum II, also known as K4, is the 13th highest 8000-meter mountain at 8032m above sea level. It lies in the Gasherbrum massif which is part of the large Karakoram mountain range on the border between Gilgit–Baltistan province, Pakistan, and Xingjian, China.
It lacks the steeper slopes like other 8000m peaks and considers one of the safest and most straightforward 8,000m peaks to ascend. One can do technical or mixed climbing to the summit via the southwest ridge route. Summit rates on the peak are quite higher even in marginal weather. An expedition to Gasherbrum II involves a spectacular trek up the Baltoro glacier which is truly an adventure journey itself without equal. Climbing to this beautiful pyramid-shaped mountain is truly an alpine adventure not unlike those experienced by the early explorers who first set foot in this fantastic range of mountains. Well-organized and sufficiently resourced expeditions to Gasherbrum II have enjoyed high rates of success in recent years. Trekking to the base camp of Gasherbrum II involves duration of 7 to 9 days and then need to wait for the good weather conditions to become favorable for the ascent and summit.
Maximizing the chances of reaching the summit of Gasherbrum II, Pioneer Adventure offers a professional Sherpa climbing guide, high quality ground crew, base camp services, equipment and all logistics. We ensure a safe, expertly managed and well-resourced experience for every team member attempting to this expedition. Team members are required to have a solid understanding of basic Alpine techniques and must be very fit. One must have at least experienced the hardship of expedition life on 8,000m mountain ventures before participating in an expedition of Gasherbrum II. A detailed itinerary with cost can be forwarded to those wishing to know more about climbing expedition to this amazing mountain upon request.
- International and domestic airport transfer
- 4 Nights hotel accommodation in Islamabad with breakfast
- All necessary transportation in Pakistan during the expedition
- Climbing permit & all necessary documents
- Food for trekking and whole expedition
- Government Liaison Officer
- Base Camp cook & Kitchen helpers
- National park & garbage disposal fees
- Porter up to Base camp & return from the Base Camp
- Staff’s Medical & emergency rescue Insurance
- 50 kg per member as personal baggage
- Dining tent, kitchen, store, toilet, hot shower, form mattresses, table, chairs and necessary kitchen equipment
- Generator or solar panel available at base camp for battery recharge or any electronic devices
- Weather forecast available during the expedition
- Oxygen: 3 bottles oxygen for member and 2 bottles oxygen for climbing Sherpa. Extra oxygen for emergencies stored at base camp (chargeable as per use)
- We will provide branded tents for the expedition and every expedition member have an individual tent at Base Camp
- A set of top out or Summit mask & regulator for each member and climbing Sherpa
- Satellite phone and walkie talkie as needed on the basis of member
- A professional climbing Sherpa for per member
- Gas burner, high food, dynamic ropes and other necessary climbing equipment
- Climbing Sherpa equipment allowance, carrying bonus, and his daily wages etc.
- Gasherbrum II climbing certificate issued by ACOP (after climbing Mt. Gasherbrum II successfully)
- Lunch & dinner in Pakistan hotel stay
- Travel and high altitude insurance, medical & emergency evacuation
- Telephone, Internet, Laundry, any Alcoholic beverages, personal equipment and shopping
- Pakistan entry visa fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation cost, if needed
- Summit bonus for Climbing Sherpa US $.
Note: Kindly make a helicopter search and rescue policy in your insurance