Yala is one of the most popular ‘trekking peaks’ in the Langtang Region of Nepal. It offers the best thrill of adventure while trekking and peak climbing though it is categorized as an easy climbing peak as per the Alpine Grading System. Scaling to the summit depends on the snow condition especially in the winter. The peak is seldom climbed in its own right, often being used as a warm-up for Naya Kanga on the opposite side of the valley.
The summit gives surprisingly good views of of many beautiful mountains – Langtang Lirung (7,246m), Lenpo Gang 7,083m), Dorje Lakpa (6,990m) and mighty Shishapangma (8,027m) on the Tibetan side if you are lucky enough with the good weather. Starting from Syabru Bensi after 8 hrs. drive from Kathmandu, you will trek through dense forest and traditional ethnic settlements along the route until you reach in Yala Peak base camp at the end of the journey and then climb a high camp further half day trek from base camp. We will spend two days for acclimatizing and day excursion around surrounding area at Kyanjin Gompa (3,800m) which is situated below Langtang Lirung (7,246m). During the excursion you will explore the Langshisa glacier. After Yala Peak base camp we will set up a high camp at 4800 meters from where you climb to the summit.
The Yala Peak climb is non-technical and prior climbing experience is not required. However, extensive outdoor experience and a reasonably good level of fitness is necessary and that enables you to thoroughly enjoy your adventure climbing expedition.
- International and domestic airport transfers
- 3 Night hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- All necessary transportation during the trekking & peak climbing
- Peak climbing permit, national park, TIMS card and garbage deposit fees
- Climbing guide, cook, kitchen helpers & their daily wages, equipment food etc.
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner with hot drinks and tea/coffee
- Our service charge and government taxes levied in Nepal
- Emergency medical rescue insurance for all involved Nepali staffs
- Necessary cooking pot, PRIMUS power gas burners, tents, high altitude food and general climbing equipment such as (climbing-rope, Ice Screws, Ice Axe, snow shavel etc.)
- First aid medical kits for the group and the staff
- Sleeping bag and down jackets (if required)
- Farewell dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant in Kathmandu
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Pokhara and Kathmandu
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars
- Items of personal nature, laundry expenses, tips
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landline phone, mobiles, walkie-talkies, satellite phones and internet
- Clothing packing items or bags, personal medical kit
- Personal trekking gear (Down Jacket and Sleeping Bags)
- Any additional staff other than specified
- Rescues, repatriation, medicines, medical tests and hospitalization expenses